Monday, July 16, 2012

Tough beginning week



Today, I learnt new and interesting new things to improve my teaching skills. Firstly, teacher Rochell talked about the 12 teaching principles, which are really helpful and easy to keep in mind in our teaching activities. All of them seems to me very important.

In the afternoon session with Dr. Dennis Beck, I learnt how to use an internet tool: Mendeley, which is an organizational tool for researchers. Since I work in a technical college, this might be a useful tool for my advanced students since they are close to their final research paper work of their career.

Finally, MA Cindy gave us a practical example of one of the teachings methods described in TBP book, which I read last night and fell asleep really late, but it was worth, since by profession I am not an English teacher, all those concepts are interesting and helpful for me.

After all that tough academic activity I had to get some relax, so I went to the swimming pool and swim for about 40 minutes; I had a little of stress running back to dinner room, though.


So that was simply another day in my life; if a day in life can be called simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment