Today we
went to the community college in Bentonville. There, we played some “games” in
order to learn how work in team groups, and how can we get our students to do
it as well. It is important to notice that at the beginning the students have
to get in contact gradually, so they can be more comfortable with each other.
The “gotcha finger” game can be a good start, then the “fox and the squirrel”
game is also nice for the students to have some information about each other.
I had fun, especially
when we saw something moving under the ground and the teacher told us that it
was a mole, then, when some friends were digging the little rat appears and I caught
it. The animal really loved its freedom, it was fighting really hard while I
was grabbing it; eventually a got two little bites. I thought moles were peaceful
and tame animals, something like a rabbit, but now I know they are just the
opposite when it is about freedom. I would the same actually.
During the
afternoon, Rochelle told us a little about Arkansas to be ready when we go to Little
Rock on Friday (I think so). After that attended to Cindy’s session, which was
about reflexive teaching. She showed us how we can observe a class and organize
all what we observe. It is important to notice that observing is not judging
the others work, but being objective about the facts that we are observing and
not the things we think about those. I would like to learn more about it.
So that was
simply another day in my life; if a day in life can be called simple.
Hi Benjamin,
ReplyDeleteAnd now you're on your trip to Little Rock. I went with the group a few years ago and had a great time. I'll be anxious to hear what you have to say about it.
Hmm. I'd be careful about picking up wild animals, even small ones. I'm a bit concerned about the bites you got. I trust they have faded and have not gotten worse. If they are red and swollen, you should show Rochelle or Cindy. You might have to get them checked by a doctor.
Cindi
Fortunately, those were not so bad, nothing to worry about. Thanks for your concern.
DeleteI'm glad.
Delete