Saturday, July 14, 2012

DIZZY TRIP TO LITTLE ROCK


Little rock trip has been one of the most exiting experiences in my life. Firstly, on Friday morning, I awoke late because a night before I hung out with my friends at Dixon street bars, I was embarrassed when I got to the van, I looked terrible; the worst thing was that I forgot my graduated glasses, so my eyesight was not good. I slept all the way till we stop at “market” and I ate a thai style soup with mushrooms and shrimps, that relieved me. This was just the beginning of the adventure.

After that we went to Central High school, where we were told the story of the nine African American teen students. It was at 1957 when there was a lot of segregation in the state, but the federal government applied a new law that said everyone had the same right to study at any school, this means, it had to be integration. I became sad when I started to heard about those events, the Little Rock Nine didn’t give away and they could stand all meaningful reactions from the white people though. Then we went to the Capitol, I felt terrible at that moment, so I didn’t pay enough attention, just wanted to take a nap. Finally, we got at the hotel and I fell asleep.

On Saturday I felt much better. After lunch we visited Clinton museum, it was a nice place, but in my opinion the Old State House museum is more interesting. Finally we went to Heifer organization; they help poor people around the world by applying community development and sustainable development strategies. At the end, I got so much fun even though the beginning was a kind of dizzy one.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Benjamin,
    Ah, the perils of too much drink. :) I'm glad you were able to salvage and enjoy a good part of your weekend.

    I like the picture!

    See you tomorrow,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that picture is in Old State House museum. Down behind me there you can see 2 guitar players who were playing folk music, they played awesome!! I enjoyed that place a lot.

    See you...

    ReplyDelete