Thursday, July 26, 2012

I NEED TO REST…


I didn’t rest enough last night, so I felt sleepy today. It seemed to me I wasn’t the only one feeling that way though, most of my colleagues looked tired during morning class with M.A. Cindi. Even she looked really tired.

It was an important topic we reviewed this morning: vocabulary construction. This is one of the most difficult topics when learning a foreign language. One thing we have to keep in mind is to guide the student to appropriate a word and not only to learn meanings. Appropriating a word means that a world is part of your language; therefore it will be difficult for one to forget it. Even though Cindi was tired, she gave us a great and interesting class.

In the afternoon, teachers Cindi, Molly and Cindy talked about the presentation issue. At the beginning of the class, M.A. Cindi showed us what not to do, in a very convincing way. I thought it was for real when she started to behave not properly for she looked really tired in the morning. Then Cindy and Molly started to argue with Cindi because of her lack of seriousness. Even when I was so tired I got the message; great example M.A. Cindi.

After classes, the sky broke into a nice windy, noisy and lightning rain. At first, it was kind of scary, but then I remembered that it has been quite long time without raining in Fayetteville. So, it didn’t bother me getting wet under rain at all. Rain is a blessing, isn’t it?

1 comment:

  1. I never thought that my morning tiredness would perhaps account for my afternon apparent craziness. I had fun doing it, but it was hard to keep it up.

    I know what you mean about the storm being a bit scary. I'm used to a lot of rain storms, but not to the thunder and lightning. But you are quite right. Rain is indeed a blessing.

    Hope you are able to rest up a bit this weekend.

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete