Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bowling, bowling, bowling!!!!


I got some much fun today. Firstly, in the morning, I visited Ramay Junior High School with Mrs. Gayón. She teaches Spanish language there. She showed us some rooms in the building like the library and her classroom. Once in the classroom, she explained us some of the language techniques she uses for her teen students. The one caught my attention the most was the way the Spanish culture is an important part of the course, and the students have to learn about Spanish countries in order to understand the language. This was very interesting.

In the afternoon, I attended to one of Dr. Lanier, she talked to us about cross-cultural issues. So this conference was much related with my morning experience. Then I started to think that I have a lack of this issue with my students in Mexico. I have tried but they don’t pay too much attention and I don’t know how to get them interested. Anyway, if I take into account what Dr. Lanier said, I will success in my duty.

At the evening we were going to bowl a little bit. I was excited because I have only played one in my life, and it was so long ago. My highest score was 97, so it was no so bad. When will be the next time? I don’t know, but I hope not another 10 years later.

I’ve been doing exercise the since Sunday, so I feel really tired right now, and some of my muscles have started to hurt. I need to sleep well tonight.  

1 comment:

  1. I think that the teaching of culture should always accompany the teaching of a language. The two are so inter-related. In the reading class this week, we are going to be discussing some ways to do that.

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete