Today I learned a very
interesting topic. It was about: Teaching Proficiency through Reading and
Storytelling (TPRS). With this method the teacher can manage the 4 skills with
the Ss, so it is great. As I understood TPRS is a very practical way to teach a
class with the target language, and for my Ss to use it as well. However, in
the demonstration with French, I could feel the Ss frustration if they doesn’t
have previous knowledge of some vocabulary. I got the idea though.
In the afternoon I went to a
baseball game. I’ve watched on tv, but never a real one here in the U.S. I had
fun watching how U.S. people enjoy this sport, it is not like they are watching
the entire game, sometimes they talk or go to get some snacks or even stay at
the snack area for a while. However, the spring international group did a great
work trying to support the Naturals, which is the local team. We were doing “the
wave” and screaming what it was displayed on the big screens, that was funny. At
the end the Natural lost the game 2-4 runs, after this the fireworks started. This
was a great ending for this experience, I will remember this day for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment