Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I AM SURVIVOR!!


Today has been a revealing day. The microteaching session showed me things about myself. Last night, I practiced my activity several times to fit it into the eight minutes limit. After an hour, finally I could match it.

The first thing I was aware was my pronunciation. I knew there were going to be beginner level students, but they are used to listen native speakers. That has been one of the main reasons I don’t feel comfortable to teach my students in target language. I think that there has to be quality in everything I teach to my students. Pronunciation is my weakness. This is one thing I have to work hard because I know my students need to be in contact with the TL.

There I was waiting for my turn to do my best. During the micro-class I felt well and self-confident. The topic was the helping verb: CAN. So, I planned a warm up I would do to get the students ready for the hard core activities. It was a drill to cover the specific use I am going to focus in, and the three basic grammar structures: affirmative, negative and question.  At the end, I feel I managed well the Ss for my purposes.

After that, I ran to Wal-Mart in order to get a red bandana for I have a dancing performance during Harmonia Concert tomorrow. It has been a stressful day, but I survived.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though your micro lesson went well - at least you planned it well. Were you happy with it?

    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt good at the end, at some point I felt the students were getting bored with it, but that activity was actually a warm up. After that I am suppose to continue with other activities in a regular class. So, not a big deal for me.

    ReplyDelete